Grilled Japanese Chicken
4 large chicken breasts
½ cup Sucanat or Rapadura
½ cup water
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup cooking sherry
2 tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons vinegar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 can pineapple chunks in its own juice
1) Bone the chicken breasts, cutting into 12 pieces.
2) Place the chicken on the bottom of a flat dish.
3) Mix the sweetener, water, soy sauce, cooking sherry, oil, vinegar, garlic and ginger in a bowl, which is used to prepare the marinade.
4) Pour the marinade over the chicken. Let the chicken sit for at least one hour.
5) Drain and reserve the marinade.
6) Prepare the pineapple by draining canned chunks, which are then placed on sticks.
7) Grill the chicken on medium coals for 25 to 30 minutes, turning and basting often while using the reserved marinade. You may also bake the
chicken in oven at 400 degrees.
8) Don’t forget to baste the chicken often until it becomes lightly browned, which may take about 30 minutes.
9) Next, you will grill the pineapple, which lasts for about 10 minutes, making sure to baste using the marinade.
10) The pineapple is then served with the chicken, which is placed over rice or potatoes.