Smoked Barbeque Salmon
1 wild salmon (weighing 3 ½ to 4 pounds)
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
½ teaspoon of dill weed
½ teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 clove garlic, minced
½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 cups hickory chips
1) Combine all of the spices and rub over the salmon. Allow it to stand at room temperature.
2) Prepare a grill fire as normal, allowing the coals to burn down until they are covered in gray ash.
3) While you wait for the coals, place hickory chips in a container of water for 30 minutes. Drain well.
4) Put the hickory chips on the coals.
5) Place the fish on a greased grill.
6) Cover the barbeque and crack the dampers.
7) In 20 minutes, the fish is done.